Present data from more that one filter in a gadget

Mark Ørnebjerg Jensen October 24, 2012

Hi,

I'm helping our interal it departement presenting some kpi goals from Jira, and need a nice way of showing data from 5 different Jira filters. Right now I have 5 Filter Results beneath each other and the team manager has to copy the values into excel and make graphs for him self. See attach picture.

I have the following simple JQL query 5 times (giving me data from current week and the past 4 week):

project = HD AND issuetype = Task and status CHANGED FROM Closed TO Open DURING(startOfWeek(-1),endOfWeek(-1))

Is it somehow possible to present the number of issues from each query graphically?

Thanks in advance.

Mark Ørnebjerg Jensen

Brunata a/s

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 17, 2013

Hi Mark, as it's explained in this other question it's not possible to achieve that.

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/2773/is-there-a-way-to-display-multiple-series-on-a-jira-chart-gadget

A possible solution would be to have a gadget per filter.

Mark Ørnebjerg Jensen May 1, 2013

Ok - thanks for the answer Ramiro. Not what I wanted to hear though :)

0 votes
Ray Kiddy April 17, 2013

I want this also. I have a bunch of filters which track our releases. My manager wants a Gadget which shows this for a set of filters:

filter name - open bugs - resolved bugs - closed bugs

Does this exist now? It is hard to search for something like this. The terms are abstract.

0 votes
Mark Ørnebjerg Jensen October 30, 2012

Hi Jeison,

I'm not sure I can follow you....

I have 5 different filters and want the results merged into one 1 report.

Cheers

Mark

Mark Ørnebjerg Jensen October 30, 2012

Hi Jeison,

I'm not sure I can follow you....

I have 5 different filters and want the results merged into one 1 report.

Cheers

Mark

0 votes
Jeison
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 25, 2012

Hi Mark,

Based on the information you gave, I believe you could make use of one of these tools:

1. In issue navigator, search for issues using one of your filters. Click on Views > Excel (All fields) or Excel (Current fields) or Charts. You can do this to export search results to Excel with all fields, current fields, or to generate a dashboard gadget that will show the results graphically.

2. Create a report based on especific criteria. On the project page of any of your projects, you'll see a "reports" button on the top right corner. Click on that to generate a report, refining some criteria. Use this documentation for more information https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Generating+Reports

Hope it helps.

Suggest an answer