Pre set custom field value based on project

Meech May 28, 2012

Hi,

I would like to set a value from a select list as default value based on Project. For example

Project A will be automatically set to value X

Project B will be automatically set to value Y

Project C will be automatically set to value Z

where value X,Y and Z is a select custom field in Jira. Could the custom product field has a preset default value by project or ony other idea to solve this problem?

The reason that I would like to set this is because I need to have a query to finds bugs that are currently tracked in a different projects and I would like to set it automatically from the background instead of asking users to set it by themselves.

thanks in advance,

br,

Meech

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Thomas Heidenreich
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 28, 2012

If you are using contexts make sure the field is present on the create issue screen, otherwise it will not be set, as the context just prefills the field on the screen.

3 votes
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 28, 2012
Miles Duke October 11, 2016

This answer works.  It is necessary to define at least 1 context for each different value you want.  Thomas Heidenreich's caveat is worth reading, though I have not confirmed it still applies.

0 votes
Meech May 29, 2012

Hi, thanks for your answer.. it's working by using context.

Suggest an answer