Pre-defined Tasks for use in several projects

Daniela Scheiwe
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 2, 2012

Hi there,

we are currently configuring our Jira and Confluence to handle the complete project management (software developtment).

The documentation is done with confluence, but I want tasks for this in Jira, pretty much like a PM to-do-list. As these tasks will be almost the same but with variations (project x requires documents a,b,c, project y needs a,b,d and e..) I would like to set up these tasks somewhere and select for each project which of these are required and should be convertet to actual tasks.

I somehow have the feeling that this is quite a simple issue but that i'm thinking way too complicated.

Any input is welcome :)

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniela Scheiwe
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 9, 2012

Hey Bob and Thomas,

thanks for your answers. We ended up using the Script Runner Plugin and creating copies of our template project which is pretty comfortable for us.

BR

Daniela

1 vote
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 2, 2012

Hi,

we do something like that with a set of issues we defined as template. This is an issue with a lot of subtasks.

Every time we have to get through the to-do-list once again, we copy the issue with all of its subtask, move them to the right project and adjust the data where it is necessary.

Maybe there's a better approach, but that is how we do something like that.

Cheers

Thomas

0 votes
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 2, 2012

I have put together a how to for this type of thing: How to semi-automate repetitive tasks

Suggest an answer