Pre conditions for Issues creations on jira cloud

DADSI Haitam April 22, 2021

Hello community,

we are using Jira cloud in my company. In the create issue tab, i would like to add a condition over two fields making them dependent on each other with defined rules : for instance i have field1 and field2, i want something like this : field1 = SomeCountry -> field2 = [options Based on that country]

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Vikrant Yadav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 22, 2021

Hi @DADSI Haitam  Instead of putting any condition, it's better to use Cascading field. 

Ismael Jimoh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 22, 2021

I would also go with the suggestion here by @Vikrant Yadav @as the cascading field achieves exactly what you described.

Like # people like this
DADSI Haitam April 23, 2021

Thank you guys, i'll try this out and get back to you

Vikrant Yadav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 23, 2021

Cool, glad to hear that helps.  Let me know if you have any follow up concerns.  If this answer solved your issue, please click the checkmark to the left of my answer to accept this answer. 

DADSI Haitam April 26, 2021

Hello @Vikrant Yadav , i checked the idea with one of our Jira administrators and he said that our fields are already being used in a lot of workflows, and changing fileds type may result in Data loss (he wasn't sure about this), so what do you think about this, is it true? and in case of it being true are there alternatives, Thanks

Vikrant Yadav
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 26, 2021

@DADSI Haitam Changing is not possible. It's better to create new cascading field and add in the project. Once field added in the project, then add values to new field for old issues using bulk operation if so many issue or some issue is in then project then do it manually. Once you did the changes in older issue then remove the field which is currently added in the project and keep the new cascading field only. 

DADSI Haitam April 27, 2021

@Vikrant Yadav as i've just been told, the problem that one of the admins had encoutered before actually is that cascading fields aren't availabe in Timesheets reportings

Vikrant Yadav
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 27, 2021

@DADSI Haitam Cascading field is best suits for your request. For timesheet i am not sure, which field supported by timesheet reporting or not. 

Like DADSI Haitam likes this

Suggest an answer