Potential bug in Jira with Subscription of a filter???

DeniseThompson397 December 14, 2012

Hi,

I have a subscription on a filter and it produced (4 issues) but when I looked at the filter it produced (10 issues), so I ran the subscription several times to check the results. Each time I got different results running with exactly the same filter. WHY?

The difference in the 6 issues I could narrow down to one field having "empty" values, so sometimes they turned up in the subscription (my email box) and sometimes they didn't. The filter itself always showed 10 issues. The subscription alternated between 4 and 10 issues each time. My filter included the field = EMPTY which someone pointed out quite rightly should have been field IS EMPTY, so I changed that but not sure if that confused the filter or not.

Any comments, I'm just interested more than anything about why that would happen.

Thanks,

Denise

3 answers

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 6, 2013

And after changing to "IS EMPTY" is the subscription always returning 10 issues?

0 votes
DeniseThompson397 December 15, 2012

Thiago,

This is the query and later I changed the "= empty" to IS EMPTY.

JQL Query: ("Project Office" = EPO or "Project Office" = empty) and project = "Work Request" and createdDate > startOfWeek() and issuetype != Sub-Task
Sorted by: Key descending

0 votes
Thiago Ribeiro
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 14, 2012

Denise,

What is the SQL filter for this subscription?

This seems to be a index problem, but needs to be checked.

Suggest an answer