PostgreSQL support

NevinA June 24, 2013

Which is the highest version of PostgreSQL is supported for JIRA, Confluence, Bamboo, Stash and Crowd (simultaneously) ? (the support pages seem dated or vague; saying PostgreSQL 8.2+ is not very helpful)

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 24, 2013

I'd say that 8.2+ is helpful, its saying that everything should work fine in 8.2+. I use Postgresql 9.1 all the time for all the apps. Without getting into a this db is better than that debate, it should work fine, if you use a vaguely recent release from mainstream sources. If you go for the nightly build, you may have trouble ahead :)

Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 24, 2013

Given the public doco states 8.2+ and not <9.0, I'd say its clear cut, but feel free to log a support ticket with atlassian to get something definitive. Please post here when you get that.

NevinA June 24, 2013

There is distinction between "working with" and "supported for". I use "supported for" in that context in which it means "certified against". I am interested in knowing what version of PostgreSQL Atlassian is developing against and supporting (questions and resolving bugs for). Moreover, the declaration that a product is supported for PostgreSQL 8.2+ implies that it supported for 8.4(probably true) and 9.0(not always true) and 9.1(almost certainly not the case)

Suggest an answer