Post function (script runner - fast track an issue) skips issue indexing

Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 28, 2014

Hi All,

I am using a builtin post funciton of the script runner plugin "Fast-track transition an issue" , when the issues is created it should move to "in progress" thus i am triggering the "start progress" transition from this post-funciton. Now, in the issue history tab it shows the new status value as " In progress" but on the issue view screen it still shows "open" and the transition buttons are from the "in progress" transition thus I know that the issue hasn't been reindex properly, but how to fix it? as I have already placed the post-funnction as the 1st step in the Create Transition.

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 28, 2014
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 28, 2014

ok i got confused by the KB aritle which states about putting the post-function update at the beginning - https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/The+'Update+Issue+Field'+Post-Function+Doesn't+work+when+Creating+Issues+after+Upgrading+to+JIRA+6

thanks!

Suggest an answer