Post-function not setting the assignee in workflow

Chris Pulliam October 23, 2019

When I use the  Copy Value From Other Field Function for this transition and set the values to copy from the parent issue to a sub-task the change isn't executed.

"The field Assignee will take the value from Assignee. Source issue is the parent, destination the sub-task."

I confirmed it's the right workflow, and that I published the version after making the changes.

What else should I check to troubleshoot?

Thank you

Screen Shot 2019-10-23 at 3.01.43 PM.png

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 25, 2019

Hello Chris,

Sorry to hear you are facing this problem.

In fact, I was able to reproduce the same problem when configuring the post function in the Create transition of the workflow, while in the other transitions it works just fine.

In order to get it fixed, I reported this behavior as a bug with our development team:

Post function "copy value from other field" does not work on create transition for Assignee field 

Feel free to vote and watch the bug to receive notifications about its fix implementation and possible workarounds.

For now, we can only suggest you create a new workflow transition just after the first one with the name "Assign this issue" (It could be a loop transition) with the same post function, although we understand this is far from the ideal solution.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Suggest an answer