Post function doesn't automatically copy title field into summary field when creating Epic

Augustin Delaporte June 29, 2016

Hi,

For Epics, I don't need both the Title and Summary fields.

I've setup a post-function, which triggers when creating an Epic, and which copies the value of the title field into the [required] summary field.

But it doesn't work and keep failing with the error: "Summary: You must specify a summary of the issue.".

I don't see what I'm doing wrong or even if it's even supposed to work.

Thanks for the help.

1 answer

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 29, 2016

Summary is required before the create. Post function is triggered after. Maybe you can put some javascript hack to copy the values on screen itself.

Having said that, title is usually small as it appears in the boards as labels. Summary can be little detailed than the title.

Augustin Delaporte June 29, 2016

Thanks for your answer.

We use the description field to provide details about the Epic (I won't start the endless discussion about the need for the required Summary field laugh).

I won't go with the hack but I'll put back this field on the screen.

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 29, 2016

I hear you smile

Suggest an answer