Post each project update to 1 slack channel (multi channel)

TrungnEHCVN January 7, 2018

I installed JIRA server (self-hosted) and created 3 projects A,B,C.

I have slack team with 3 channel: slack_A, slack_B, slack_C.

How to post events of project A,B,C seperately to channel slack_A, slack_B, slack_C. Eg:

• create issue in project A --> notify to channel slack_A (not post to slack_B, slack_C)
  • update issue in project B --> notify to channel slack_B (not post to slack_A, slack_B)

Thank!

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 8, 2018

As per the docs it should be doable. In the JQL query you can mention project key i.e. "project = <key-here>"

1. Visit the JIRA Server alerts page in the Slack App Directory.
  2. Click Install below the JIRA icon on the left.
  3. Choose a channel where you'd like JIRA notifications to be posted.
  4. Click Add JIRA integration.
  5. Copy the webhook URL on the page.
  6. In your JIRA account, click System in the Administration menu.
  7. Click Webhooks in the sidebar under Advanced.
  8. Click Create a Webhook to see the webhook creation form, enter a name (e.g., Slack), and paste in the webhook URL from step #5.
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 8, 2018
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 8, 2018

Limit updates to certain JIRA projects

Using the JIRA Query Language (JQL), you can limit your webhook to only post notifications from certain projects. For a single project, use project = “Project A”, and for multiple projects, use project in (“Project A”,“Project B”).

0 votes
TrungnEHCVN January 8, 2018

Thank you. I done it as below.

1. Use  JIRA Server alerts page to create 3 webhook url_A, url_B, url_C

2. In JIRA, create 3 webhook using respectively url_A, url_B, url_C --> each web hook is filtered by JQL language (project = "project_name").

Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 9, 2018

So did it work? If it did, could you please accept/upvote the answer. Thanks.

TrungnEHCVN January 9, 2018

Yes, I accepted this answer. Thank you!

Suggest an answer