Post TO JIRA (or Confluence) from HipChat

TJ Baker December 5, 2013

I'm curious if there is a way to send items TO either JIRA or Confluence from HipChat. The specific use case I have in mind is the creation of Issues in JIRA or a simple list in Confluence when a specific syntax is used in a HipChat conversation. In our case: @ToDo

It would save me much time from having to go back through a meeting full of @ToDos and manually copying them to JIRA as I do now, if this were possible :)

Thanks for reading, and replying.

Cheers,

tj

1 answer

1 vote
Adrien Ragot 2
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 18, 2013

HipChat has an API and I've seen people plugging GitHub's Hubot into it, so they could open doors and have their coffee brewed. And it looks like the HipChat guys have it under control.

So the question becomes: "Can GitHub's Hubot create JIRA issues / Confluence tasks?", and as americans like to say, there's nothing beyond their reach.

TJ Baker December 18, 2013

:) Good stuff .. thanks for sharing it! I'll get some people in the company who actually know how to do stuff with programmign to take a look :p

Cheers

Suggest an answer