Post Function "Send an email based on the following parameters", Issue.key does not appear

Isabel Fonseca
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 8, 2022

Good afternoon,

-1) Situation:
In Jira in Workflow, i create a Post Function "Send an email based on the following parameters:".
In "Email content", in "Subject", i put:
%{issue.key} - %{issue.summary}

In "Email content", in "Body", i put:
%{issue.description}

The goal is, when a user create a issue in the project, in that transition, send an email.

In fact the email is sent successfully.

-2) Problem:
The only problem is the format of the "Subject". Apear the Sumary, but the key don't.

Example, Create Issue:

Subject: Test Create Issue
Body: Description Test Create Issue

Result(Email content):
[JIRA] - Test Create Issue
Description Test Create Issue

-3) Question:
What should I do to appear, as in the example, with issue.key?
[JIRA] INFRA-11 - Test Create Issue
Description Test Create Issue

Best regards.

1 answer

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Martin Bayer _MoroSystems_ s_r_o__
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 8, 2022

Hi @Isabel Fonseca , what App do you have installed which provides the postfunction sending an email?

Can you try to use

• %{issue} - %{issue.summary}

?

Isabel Fonseca
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 8, 2022

Hi,

Test performed, without success.

Attach Files:

0_workflow_PostFunctions.GIF0_PostFunctions.GIF0_PostFunctions_Edit.GIF3_Email.GIF

1_CreateIssue.GIF2_CreateIssue.GIF

Best regards.

Martin Bayer _MoroSystems_ s_r_o__
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 9, 2022

Hi @Isabel Fonseca so you are probably using Jira Workflow Toolbox app, right?

Regarding the documentation ( https://apps.decadis.net/display/JWTSDC/Issue+key), your solution should work, so I suggest you to check it with vendor's support.

Like Isabel Fonseca likes this

Suggest an answer