Post Function is not executing in JIRA 5.1.6

DeepakBhatia December 17, 2012

Hi,

We have a post function which is not executing in JIRA 5.1.6. In JIRA 4.4.4, it was working.

"The field fixers will take the value from Assignee"

Field fixers is a Multi User Picker type custom field.

Regards

Deepak Bhatia

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 17, 2012

You must be using some plugin to set the value of fixers ... try to find out which plugin provides this post function but checking the installed plugins (most probably the suite utilities plugin which provide a copy to field from another field postfunction) then check if this plugin is compatible with the JIRA 5.1.6 . if not you will need to update the plugin.

RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 17, 2012

@Mizan answer is correct if you are using JSU plugin or if your using ur own plugin check the log it should throwing some errors

JSU is installed 1.3.2 for JIRA 5.1.6

RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 17, 2012

what is the error message displaying?

Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 17, 2012

Check the logs if you see any error mesage , also try recreating the postfunction i.e. delete the old one and create a new one . (Assuming the issue is not unassigned)

atlassian-jira.log.5:2012-12-11 09:48:58,768 http-8080-36 ERROR meenakshi.jakhmola 588x160589x1 1vwcnen 210.7.75.130 /secure/CommentAssignIssue.jspa [jsu.workflow.function.CopyValueFromOtherFieldPostFunction] Unable to copy value from field 'Assignee' to 'fixers'.
atlassian-jira.log.5:com.opensymphony.workflow.WorkflowException: Unable to copy value from field 'Assignee' to 'fixers'.

Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 17, 2012

Is this the only thing displayed ? Did you try to delete and recreate the postfunction ?

I tried deleting the line copy assignee field to the fixers field and then adding this again. But again it failed.

Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 17, 2012

check if all the modules of this plugin are enabled ...

DeepakBhatia December 19, 2012

All modules are updated

Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 19, 2012

Even i had faced a similar issue when i had upgraded a JIRA instance but in my case the plugin was disabled so it was not working .. Are you sure you get the same error in logs ? Is there any other thing after the above error message . Can you provide the list of postfunction the this transition ?

DeepakBhatia December 19, 2012

Yes in the log also I am getting same error....I have raised this to JSUL

0 votes
nkaravias January 15, 2013

The issue with the assignee has been resolved after upgrading the JSU plugin to 1.3.3, but now I'm facing a new problem:

Every time I try to create a new issue, just before submitting it I get the following error:

Error creating issue: An unknown exception occured executing Validator com.googlecode.jsu.workflow.validator.FieldsRequiredValidator@37cedb10: root cause: java.lang.NullPointerException

0 votes
nkaravias January 14, 2013

The issue with the assignee has been resolved after upgrading the JSU plugin to 1.3.3, but now I'm facing a new problem:

Every time I try to create a new issue, just before submitting it I get the following error:

Error creating issue: An unknown exception occured executing Validator com.googlecode.jsu.workflow.validator.FieldsRequiredValidator@37cedb10: root cause: java.lang.NullPointerException

Suggest an answer