Post-Function Script to assign issues in round robin Fashion

Bunny August 28, 2017

I want to auto-assign the issues after the issues passes a particular transition. the issues should be assigned to the users from a group of users in Round-Robin fashion. I want to perform this on 8 groupsof people based on the issuetype and one custom Field.

For example: If issue is a bug and the CustomField=1 then group 1 should be picked and assign the issues in round robin fashion from that particular group.

If issue type is a change and CustomField=2 then should be assigned to users from group 2 and so on.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 30, 2017

JIRA by itself doesn't have the ability to do this.  But I did some searching and found that another user appears to have been able to generate assignments in a round robin way with a script they created and the use of the Scriptrunner plugin for JIRA Server.

Please see the post on https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Product-Apps-questions/Updating-assignee-field-using-Groovy-script-Postfunction-is-not/qaq-p/133420

I hope this helps.

Suggest an answer