Post Function Assignments not working in JIRA 6.2

Kathy Bonham December 10, 2014

We have made no changes and all of a sudden the Post Function assignment of issues has stopped working. Any ideas?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dave Theodore [Coyote Creek Consulting]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 10, 2014

How are you doing the assignment?  Typical causes for this are:

a) You have the "Assignee" field present and people are choosing a user from there. To solve this, remove the Assignee field from the appropriate screens so users can't select a user.

b) The order of the post-functions are causing this (ie: a later post-function is changing the assignee too.)  Try moving the assign post-function down in the list so that it is the last thing that happens before reindex.

c) You are using an add-on that isn't working properly on this version of Jira.  I've seen this with the "Issue Alternative Assignee" add-on if you're looking at a role-based user picker for the assignment.  If a version of the add-on isn't available for 6.2, try changing the order of the post-functions so that the assign post-function is lower in the list. That has resolved the issue for me in the past.

d) Permissions.  The user must have "assignable user" permission on the project in order to be assigned an issue. If they don't, the assignee won't change.  

There may be other possibilities, but those come to the top of my mind.  I hope that helps.

0 votes
Kathy Bonham December 10, 2014

The removal of Assignee field (a) was the resolution for this.  Thank you

Suggest an answer