Post Function: Add a comment to a linked issue

Thomas September 9, 2014

Hi there,

I am looking for a simple way to add a post function to my workflow which updates all linked issues (if they are part of certain different projects) with a simple comment, maybe adding including some variable such as issue key.

Example (closing A-123, linked issue is B-456)

if linked issue is in project B, C, D then add a comment: "The linked issue A-123 has just been resolved with the following resolution: $resolution/fieldvalue"

Is this possible? How? smile

Thanks for you help!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 9, 2014
Thomas September 10, 2014

Thanks Jamie that's pretty much spot on! However I seem not to be able to find the right post-function in my JIRA 6.3.4. Any hints? Thanks!

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 10, 2014

You need to install Script Runner... then post-functions -> script functions -> blah.

Thomas September 10, 2014

Sorry my bad! We had this installed before, not sure why it got removed... Now it all makes sense! Thanks for the speedy response!

Suggest an answer