Possible to show dashboard for users not logged in?

Cameron Jezorek June 24, 2012

Managment would like to be able to hit (the dashboard) this page for users who are not logged in. I’m using a dashboard software to display this. I’m wondering if there is a simple way to enable this?

My understanding and current research tells me that JIRA must be set to Public for this to occur. Have I missed something or am I correct?

(FYI we are still on 4.2)

2 answers

0 votes
Cameron Jezorek June 24, 2012

The dashboard in question is displaying filter results for a sub-group of the company relating to a set of projects due soon, they are not relavent to the entire company so we do not want them set as the default dashboard.

The dashboard is shared with all users but becasue our install is not public I dont think it can be view if not logged in.

I am basically looking for confirmation that in order for the dashboard to be viewable by users not logged in the system has to be set to 'public'. Or if I am wrong how to make the dash viewable - since it isnt now.

0 votes
Derrick Taylor David June 24, 2012

Is there a reason that you would not want this as your System Dashboard? That way it would default to that dashboard for everyone.

Other than that, so long as you share your dashboard with everyone, it would affect users not logged in. (coming from my knolwedge on Jira 4.3.4)

Suggest an answer