Possible to schedule reports?

Patrik Bredin February 26, 2013

Hello!

We frequently generate reports to Excel sheets. Is it possible to schedule these reports so that they are generated automatically (e.g. twice per week) and then saved on a server?

I have looked in JIRA, searched your documentation and looked at plug-ins etc. but I have not found anything related to this subject.

Regards

Patrik

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Patrik Bredin March 3, 2013

Thanks, this information is very helpful

/Patrik

0 votes
Midori
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 20, 2015

This is now possible with the Excel Automation Plugin!

You can use the CRON trigger to flexibly define your preferred schedule and then use the "Save PDF" action to save the generated XLSX spreadsheet to a file system path.

See the tutorial

0 votes
Teck-En
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 26, 2013

Previous post with wget is a good read for other that looking for the same feature: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/546/how-can-i-schedule-automate-excel-reports-in-jira

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 26, 2013

No, there's nothing to do this internally. The call to grab some excel is a request generated by users.

Simple answer would be to put the report's url into a curl command and bung that on a scheduler. It does require a machine to issue the request (could be the Jira server, but you need to think about file access as well as running it). I've done almost exactly this for a client - they've got a Raspberry Pi running a file-server, and adding a cron-job to that means their regular extracts are made immediately available on the share whenever the cron finishes running.

Suggest an answer