Possible to rename a Project Category?

Kevin Luster September 16, 2016

We had an org rename and so all of the projects that were tagged to Project Category 'Foo' should ideally be retagged to Project Category 'Bar' - since there are a ton of projects involved I was wondering if it'd be possible to just rename 'Foo' to 'Bar' instead of having to go and update each project individually

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
TõnisO
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 17, 2016

Open up the Project Categories admin view (https://[yourInstance].atlassian.net/secure/admin/projectcategories/ViewProjectCategories!default.jspa) and click Edit. 

Kevin Luster September 19, 2016

Thank you - I have no idea how to find that coming in through the top page but I guess there's a way. smile

TõnisO
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 19, 2016

Well, you have to be an administrator, first of all.

There are two ways:

• Press g + g anywhere in JIRA, it will open the quick search window. Write Project Categories and press Enter
  • Open up the Settings menu (Cog icon next to your username in the top right corner), select Projects under the heading JIRA Administration and then Project categories is available in the left sidebar.

Suggest an answer