Possible to rename a Project Category?

We had an org rename and so all of the projects that were tagged to Project Category 'Foo' should ideally be retagged to Project Category 'Bar' - since there are a ton of projects involved I was wondering if it'd be possible to just rename 'Foo' to 'Bar' instead of having to go and update each project individually

1 answer

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Open up the Project Categories admin view (https://[yourInstance].atlassian.net/secure/admin/projectcategories/ViewProjectCategories!default.jspa) and click Edit. 

Thank you - I have no idea how to find that coming in through the top page but I guess there's a way. smile

Well, you have to be an administrator, first of all.

There are two ways:

• Press g + g anywhere in JIRA, it will open the quick search window. Write Project Categories and press Enter
  • Open up the Settings menu (Cog icon next to your username in the top right corner), select Projects under the heading JIRA Administration and then Project categories is available in the left sidebar.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted yesterday in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

81 views 0 1
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you