Possible to make edit screen wider so name of text field is on one line?

Susanne Harelius [Riada]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 20, 2013

I have a name for a text field that is shown on two lines in the edit screen. Is it possible to make the edit screen wider?

Cost changes 5-PG-61

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Bishop
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 20, 2013

We put the following text into the Announcement Banner textbox to get the entire field's name on one line.

AJS.$(document).ready(function() 
{
	AJS.$('.name').css({"white-space":"normal"});
	AJS.$('.name').css({"width":"auto"});
});

Susanne Harelius [Riada]
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 21, 2013

Thanks! But when I add this to the Banner I only see the text in the Banner. Do you know if there something I need to do to make this work?

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 21, 2013

Add within the script tag

<script>
</script>

0 votes
prakash rajan April 23, 2015
<script>
AJS.$(document).ready(function()
{
    AJS.$('.name').css({"white-space":"normal"});
    AJS.$('.name').css({"width":"auto"});
});
</script>
Adding the code within the script tags also doesn't work.  I have tried adding this script in the announcement banner as well as the Description . Please help with the right code and approach
0 votes
Svante Gustafsson Björkegren
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 21, 2013

Hi,

You need to put <script>-tags around the code snippet since the announcement bannner is using html.

Look at: https://gist.github.com/aheusingfeld/1723281 as an example

Beware: If you miss a tag you may lock up your entire instance! This method is not recommended in my opinion and should only be used for testing purposes.

Check out:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/JIRA+Pages+Are+Hidden+After+Configuring+Announcement+Banner

if you get this problem!

// Svante

Suggest an answer