Possible to hide item in field when transitioning workflow?

John Schultz December 9, 2013

We are trialing JIRA and the final issue we are trying to work around is allowing an issue to be closed but not display the Fixed resolution as an option. We have a workflow transition to close a fixed issue, but I'm looking for a way to let anyone close an issue from any workflow state for other reasons (won't fix, duplicate, etc.) without letting Fixed be an option. Thanks!

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 12, 2013

If I get you right you can use transition properties to limit the resolutions:

Go to the transition in your workflow editor, edit the properties and add:

jira.resolution.exclude = <id> of fixed (probably 1)

0 votes
John Schultz December 12, 2013

Thanks Christian, that is exactly what I was looking for! JIRA didn't like the key you mentioned, but Google found a previous post (from yourself, amusingly!) that said to use jira.field.resolution.exclude as the key.

0 votes
Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 12, 2013

Do you require Fixed option but not visible to users or else you not at all require Fixed?

If you not at all require Fixed option, you can remove from Admin->Resolutions->{Delete Fixed option}

Otherwise you need to write some script to hide Fixed from users.

0 votes
John Schultz December 12, 2013

I wasn't able to resolve this issue per se, but I think I've mitigated it somewhat by making a resolution other than Fixed the default resolution and moved the Fixed resolution farther down the list of resolutions.

Suggest an answer