Possible to hide columns in a gadget using JQL?

Isaac "Link" Linkletter, A-CSM August 26, 2015

I'm creating some dashboards for use by various teams in our organization, and some of the gadgets can be a bit verbose in the information they display, making them hard to read at a quick glance.

An example is the Execution Details gadget included in Zephyr, which shows all of the following columns:

Cycle Name Issue Key Test Summary Project Name Priority Component Version Execution Status Executed By Executed On Creation Date Execution Defect(s)

for say, a Producer's dashboard, they don't need or want a lot of information like the Cycle Name, Project Name or Creation Date, but definitely want things like Execution Status and Execution Defects.

In short, is there a way to specify which columns are displayed in a gadget like this? The only way it has to gather data is a single JQL/ZQL field, so perhaps utilizing some query commands to hide columns?

Maybe I'm hoping for too much, but any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 26, 2015

JQL is for finding issues, it has nothing to say about what a report, gadget or process does with the list of issues it returns.  Internally, it really does just return a block of issues, nothing else.  So, the short answer is "no".  The longer answer is "this is something that should be done by the gadget, not the filter", and hence you should look at the gadget config to see if it can do what you need.

Isaac "Link" Linkletter, A-CSM August 27, 2015

I appreciate the clarification @Nic Brough [Adaptavist], I was hoping that I could have the query only return the data I wanted, instead of every item in the record, but I guess I'll just have to find another way around the issue. Thanks!

Suggest an answer