Possible to give 1 group edit perms on issues in 1 security level and view issues in all others?

Matt Shepherd May 17, 2017

I have a project where one group has access to edit and view issues for a number of different constituent groups. There is an Issue Security Scheme implemented where each constituent group has users that are in a group, and that group is applied to a security level for that group's issues. The one group that needs access to every issue is in every Security Level. This all works as intended.

My issue now is that I have a new constituent group that should get the same treatment, but with one exception. In addition to being able to create/edit issues in their own security level, this group needs to have read-only access to all of the other security levels as well.

So, something like this . . . 

Group1 | View & edit issues in all Security Levels

Group2 | View & edit issues in Security Level "SL2"

Group3 | View & edit issues in Security Level "SL3"

Group4 | View & edit issues in Security Level "SL4"; Also, View only issues in "SL2" and "SL3"

Is this possible?

1 answer

0 votes
Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 17, 2017

Security levels only define whether an issue is visible or not.  There isn't any granularity to view versus edit for security levels, that's only by permissions. 

Matt Shepherd May 19, 2017

That's what I thought. Thanks. I believe I can accomplish this using Behaviors in the SciptRunner plugin though. Basically, set the Permission Scheme and Security Levels so that the users can view/edit all issues, but then use Behaviors to set all fields in an issue as read-only when the Security Level is not SL4 and Group is not Group4.

Suggest an answer