Possible to approve a change request via email?

Jason Cook July 24, 2016

Hi,

I would like to know if it is possible to approve a change request in the follow manner:

1. Change request raised
  2. email sent to approver group
  3. approver simply replies "Approved" via email
  4. email  triggers change request to transition to approved status.

Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 24, 2016

This is possible, yes. You can use the automation rules to perform 'text searches' on incoming comments.

Steve Behnke [DiscoverEquip.com]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 25, 2016

Let me know if you need assistance in setting this up.

Jason Cook July 25, 2016

Thanks Steven, Ill have to come back to this one. Im currently having an issue where I cannot import a new workflow (Change Management for JIRA from the marketplace) during import and end up with a blank web page.

Rising Star
Rising Star
July 25, 2016

If you're on a recent version of JIRA, it looks like there was an open bug that was recently resolved. Check the Affects Version/s and Fix Version/s fields.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-61110

Jason Cook July 25, 2016

Yeah doing the update fixed the issue thanks.

Rising Star
Rising Star
July 25, 2016

Awesome.

palak sardana August 18, 2017

Hi i wanted to know the know the complete process for above question?

Like Miklos Deak likes this
0 votes
Suchit Kharatmol November 10, 2017

Hi Steven,

Hope you are doing well!

Could you please share the detailed steps for achieving above requirement because we need to set up an approval process in a same way.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Thanks,

Suchit Kharatmol

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 10, 2017

Hello @Suchit Kharatmol,

I don't have the time right now to outline the steps, but the documentation on the topic is quite good in my opinion: Can you check this out and if you have any new question can you open a new Question on this site? You can feel free to @mention me to get my attention there.

image.png

Marcin Jankielewicz November 3, 2019

@Steven F Behnke 

Would you be able to send me steps to set up emails that are triggered based on a ticket transitioning to specific status (in post function) where approvers can either 'Approve' or 'Decline' via email by clicking appropriate button that in turn triggers to approve or decline the ticket and move it to specific status.

Thank you.

Suggest an answer