Possible to allow multiple votes per ticket from single user?

Will Seay October 23, 2014

I am a helpdesk manager new to JIRA and looking for a solution to help prioritize our bugs and enhancements for our developers that track all their work in Jira.  The voting feature in JIRA would be ideal if it would allow each user to vote more than once for tickets.  That way I could have our Helpdesk associates tick a vote every time they take a call that relates to a particular ticket (maybe tick it a few times if a customer feels really strongly about it). Currently each user can only vote/unvote once for each ticket, and can't vote for any tickets they submitted themselves.

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Frank Stiller
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 23, 2014

to vote on behalf of someone else (the customer) is difficult to measure. A generic feature which is unbound to the current users possibilities to vote will probably be difficult. The easiest way to achieve something like you want is probably a custom field with a number where everyone (support) can update the field. Another easy solution would be to use labels, e.g. customer_impactHigh (or maybe even a component), especially if you can group such things like high, medium, low.

In my company we have such labels customer_impact. I can check at work how they are called exactly, i am just a developer, for me the priority is sufficient to resolve them wink

0 votes
Will Seay October 23, 2014

Yes we are prioritizing into High/Med/Low buckets but I was looking for a way to tell when an issue needs to get more attention.  I'm going to try the custom field idea and have our helpdesk techs increase an integer value for each "vote"

Thx for the suggestion!

Suggest an answer