Possible to Rename Service Desk Workflow Transition Buttons?

Inavero Purchasing May 26, 2016

Reading this page it looks like it should be possible to rename workflow transitions buttons in service desk like "Respond to Support" and "Resolve this Issue"? However following the directions (copied below) I don't appear to have any values like "jira.i18n.title", or find any other method for renaming the button even though I've renamed the underlying workflow transition to "Process"

So is it possible to rename the "Respond to Support" button to "Process"?

Renaming workflow transition buttons

If you copied the system workflow and you wish to rename the workflow transition buttons on the View issue page, you must delete the following properties from all transitions in the copied workflow:

• jira.i18n.title
  • jira.i18n.description

Otherwise, the default names (i.e. values of these properties) will persist. Read more about transition properties.

2 answers

1 vote
Anna Protopapa September 12, 2019

I had the same issue. The problem was solved after deleting and recreating the transition with the correct name.

Deleted user October 15, 2019

Thanks Anna, solved the issue exactly following your solution.

Like Agent Plus likes this
0 votes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 26, 2016

Hey Justin!

Unless I'm misunderstanding you, this is easily done.  To change the button name, you need to change the name of the transition in the workflow associated with the project.  This can be done by editing the workflow (via the Diagram), clicking on the transition you'd like to change, then clicking the Edit button in the window on the right.  Once you're done, publish the workflow to make your changes active.

I highly suggest making a copy of the original workflow, just in case things go sideways.  smile

Good luck!

Well I must be missing something because I've already done that and published the workflow several times? Here is a shot my workflow but the "respond to support" button won't change names:

Screenshot 2016-05-26 16.30.49.png

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 26, 2016

Hmm, let's back up for a second.  Is the name not changing for the customers, or for the agents?

If the name isn't changing for your customers, you need to do this:  In your help desk, (as an administrator), navigate to Settings -> Request Types -> Edit Fields (to the far right of the screen) -> Workflow Statuses.  Here you can change the names of statuses that the customer sees.  This is useful if you want more than one status that you and your agents use, but only show the customer one.

If it's your agents that aren't seeing the name change, we'll have to dig deeper.

Thanks!

It's our agents who can't see the change, our service desk is internal only so there are no customers who can view anything.

Here is a shot of what our agents see when viewing an issue:

Screenshot 2016-05-26 16.45.21.png

Chris Dunne
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 26, 2016

I had this issue. I'm not sure if this solved it or if it was just a coincidence, but after trying to publish and republish many times, we just ran a full re-index and after that the transition buttons appeared correctly.

Rising Star
Rising Star
May 27, 2016

Yeah, give a reindex a shot!  It can't hurt.  Lucene shouldn't have an effect on those buttons, but if it's really out of whack, anything's possible.

Suggest an answer