Possible method to track Agile team capacity and how many issues are assgned?

Tudor Hofnar October 22, 2012

Currently we have a table with formulas in Excel which tracks our team's capacity and whether they can take more issues on each sprint. This is very useful when planning the team sprints and would like to see if there is a way to replicate this behaviour in JIRA so we don't have a need for Excel anymore.

Basically this is how the table looks:

I know I can enter time estimates for each issue and then track time against those but is there a way to set up time tracking for the whole sprint? For example if during one sprint a team member is on vacation, the team's capacity should be less than when he is in the office, therefore, the team should see this during the planning meeting and assign less issues for that sprint. Any way to achieve this?

Its not a must have right now, but definitely a nice to have.

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
OmarA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 23, 2012

Actually in GreenHopper 6.0.x that is not possible. But you can still see the whole time estimate for each *Sprint* in board and you can validate that against your input, check the screenshot:

Tudor Hofnar October 23, 2012

Yep, I noticed that. The rest of the team was just wondering whether we could get rid of Excel all together but they like that chart quite a lot so I think it will stay for a while. Any idea if deeper plannng capabilities are coming to GreenHopper in the future?

OmarA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 24, 2012

You can refer to this page for the future road map regarding GreenHopper. In addition, you can keep an eye on this page for updates.

Tudor Hofnar October 24, 2012

Thank You!!!

OmarA
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 25, 2012

No worries :)

Suggest an answer