Possibility to create a unique custom field per project (implicit for issue)?

Ral October 18, 2012

Hi everybody,

I created a custom field buy developing a new plugin for jira 5 and I declared it as indicated by the atlassian developer's guide, by declaring <customfield-type> tag in atlassian-plugin.xml.

I want to force this custom field to be unique per issue (so I want to make it unique per project).

I tried by declaring in (configuration of atlassian-plugin.xml) tag "customfield-type" a subtag <unique>true</unique> as we can do for Validators, Post-Functions or Conditions and it doesn't help.

So, is there any possibility to make it unique per Issue/Project?

Thank you in advance!

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 18, 2012

If you mean unique value per issue per project, you will have to write a custom field of your own which does that validation.

0 votes
Sorin Sbarnea (Citrix)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 15, 2013

Can you please update your question? Eventually picking the right anwer. I think that Andrey gave other that seems legit.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 18, 2012

I think you need to explain what you mean by "unique" here? I can't work out what you're aiming for. Maybe if you describe what you expect the users to experience when they view/edit this field?

Suggest an answer