Possibility to automatically set default component when nothing was set by user or script.

When a user (or software which creates issues automatically) creates an issue, there is possibility to choose some component from list. Field component may by required or may be not.

My question is about possibility to automatically set default (pre-configured earlier) component field value when user or software doesn't set one during issue creation?

I can not set component field as required field (through Field Configuration Scheme) because of issues created automatically by external software which does not support this filed as required.

1 answer

Use validators upon creation.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Jira

Meet the AUG leaders of Northern Virginia

@Rachel Wright (Jira Genie), @Billy Poggi (AUG NOVA, DC), and @Dana Jansen (Confluence Queen) are just some of the folks that lead one of the world's most active Atlassian User Group (AUG)....

144 views 5 9
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you