Possibility of limiting JIRA timesheets

Hello everyone. Is it possible to limit JIRA's Log Work to restrict users from logging time for more than 7 days in the past using JIRA settings? If not, is it doable with programming solution?

1 answer

1 accepted

Hey Yegor,

you can't do this in the JIRA standard.
The Tempo Timesheet Plugin has a solution for this and make the time tracking component in JIRA more handy.
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/is.origo.jira.tempo-plugin

I don't think a programming solution would bring enough benefit - because there are already plugins for this use case.

Period Management / Open, Closed or even the Approval of Timesheets

Bildschirmfoto 2015-05-06 um 14.17.03.png

Period Config

Bildschirmfoto 2015-05-06 um 14.17.44.png

BR
Simon 

Simon, thanks for your answer. Please tell me is it possible to limit Tempo timesheets to restrict users from logging time for more than 7 days in the past using Tempo settings?

It is. You can set periods of time (x days - 30days/1month is just the default) And you can restrict access of each period - so yes you can set them on weekly periods and restrict them.

I attach some config screenshots in the answer - just a moment

Great! Big thanks for your help.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 27, 2018 in Portfolio for Jira

Introducing a new planning experience in Portfolio for Jira (Server/DC)

In the past, Portfolio for Jira required a high degree of detail–foresight that was unrealistic for many businesses to   have–in   order to produce a reliable long-term roadmap. We're tur...

2,718 views 17 21
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you