Possibilities to lose a permission, depending on a state change in a workflow?

Katrin Günther November 14, 2017

I have created a workflow with different conditions and post Transition for notifications. An important point for us is to lose the permission for create/fill in  an attachment to this issue  depending at the state in the workflow.

E.g. attach bills for travel costs and later no more files shoulg be able to add.

How can this be realize?

kat

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 14, 2017

You can use workflow properties to block permissions when in a certain status.

Katrin Günther November 15, 2017

Hy, i tried different permissions. The permission for restrict work on an issue  with jira.permission.edit.Group = Groupname is working fine.  The second necessary permission for restrict to add an attachment is not working.  In the permission scheme i have the current user and the Administrator Group permitted to add files and in the permission  i only defined jira.permission.attach.Group = Administrators.

The Problem still is, a user without Administration rights can still add files ( Excisting files protected). That not want we thaught this permission should restrict.

Are there any other Parameters to define before?

kat

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 15, 2017

I found this: http://www.j-tricks.com/tutorials/permissions-based-on-workflow-status 

It written for an older version, but I'd take a look at it. 

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 14, 2017

JIRA doesn't allow for modifying permissions dynamically. There may be a plugin in the marketplace that allows that. 

Suggest an answer