Possibel to edit the screen that appears (pop-up) right after clicking new issue

Magnus Jensen September 19, 2012

Hello,

I have created a workflow to support my new issuetype.

I want a screen that is custom made to appear as the first screen that actually appears when clicking the button/icon sitting after the 'Create:' in the top right menu in jira.

The screens that appear after this is ok, and I can configure them as I want, but is the initial screen for any issue type both custom in default jira impossible to configure i.e. not to show summary but only i.e. a description field? Or is there some rules in jira that all issues have to "go thorugh the initial screen" always.
It could seem to be that way, at least when trying to edit a workflow in the 'diagram' editor, the first step 'Create' is not possible to delete.

Thank You!

Best Regards

Magnus

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 25, 2012
0 votes
Jeff Scarsbrook September 19, 2012

Magnus, are you referring to the Create Issue screen? If so, you can change the fields that show on that screen. If you are using the default screen, then I would assume that in the Administration area under Screens, there is a screen called Default Screen. and it's probably using the Default Screen Scheme. You have two options. First, you can just change the fields on the Default Screen. However, that will probably change the fields that show when you try to edit the issue, as well, since the Default Screen Scheme starts out as being applied to all unmapped operations. Your second option is to create a new screen (let's call it Create Issue Screen), that has just the fields that you want shown for creating an issue. Then go into the Screen Scheme area in the Administration section and configure your Default Screen Scheme. Choose the "Associate an Issue Operation with a Screen" option. You can then associate your Create Issue Screen to the Create operation. I implemented our instance like this, where I created different screens for the Create screen and the Edit screen. In our case, only a small number of fields would be populated at the time the issue is created. However, when editing the issue, we wanted to allow editting basically all of the fields with the issue. I hope this helps.

Magnus Jensen September 25, 2012

That was it, The critical part here was to edit the default screen with the association of my custom screen to the create operation. I thought I did not have to edit the default screen scheme to solve this.

Thank you Stephen ;-)

Magnus Jensen September 25, 2012

But the problem now becomes that when I want to create a bug (default issuetype) I get the screen for my default screen and not the normal default screen.

How can I solve this?

I have a custom field, a custom issutype, custom workflow and custom schemes, and what I want to get is a custom screen to appear when I create an issuttype of my custom type and I want that issuetype to follow the custom workflow, without destoying for the default issuetype i.e. bug behavior.

Cheers,

Magnus

Suggest an answer