Portfolio - story points

Patricia Boskin September 23, 2014

Does Portfolio support story points?

I seem to remember at Summit they mentioned that Portfolio would support story points ~Jan, 2015.

1 answer

1 vote
Kelly Schoenhofen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 2, 2014

It does not, which surprised me. We're evaluating Portfolio, but we will have to hold off on a roll out (if we decide to go with Portfolio vs the investment in Microsoft Project we have already done) until we see story points supported. We just have too many groups that have gone with story points vs hours to use a product that doesn't support story points, at this time. 

The good news is someone already created an issue for this, I just upvoted it:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JPO-4

There's some ancillary issues you may want to upvote and watch:

Default estimate for Stories

Cost Per Story ($$)

And one stood out after watching the Portfolio webinar from Atlassian yesterday; their demo showed a line of sprints across multiple projects - Sprint 1 through Sprint 10, and I wondered how that was generated since the gantt-style chart included many different projects all with different schedules and settings (like sprint length, presumably):

Keep Sprints in sync with JIRA Agile

There isn't additional descriptive text so I'm not sure if it's addressing the same thing I witnessed in the webinar - the sprints displayed in the schedule seemed completely made up/separate from the actual Agile schedule being mapped out. But I'll watch it. 

-Kelly G. Schoenhofen

Suggest an answer