Portfolio: some Epics appear in scope, some don't

Juan Carlos Gil Montoro January 18, 2019

Hi there,

In Portfolio my hierarchy is Initiative > Epic > Story.

I have a plan pulling issues from various sources. 

I have this Initiative I1 with two Epics E1 and E2, and each epic has several user stories below, say E1-US1, E1-US2... and E2-US1, E2-US2...

The thing is one of the initiatives E1 is appearing in the Portfolio scope with its user stories E1-US1, E1-US2 below, while the other E2 is NOT appearing although its stories E2-US1, E2-US2 are appearing, but under "Issues without parent Epic".

So I've lost E2 only.

Both Epics are very similar: the same JIRA project, same status, same release (fixVersion)...

I've gone through many posts describing "similar" problems and I've carefully reviewed "trivial" problems such as having filters selected, fixVersion being hidden in the issue type...

No, this seems to be different.

I (re)configure the plan, and there I explicitly select all releases as well as all issues and (this is the most surprising piece of information) both epics E1 and E2 do appear in the "Confirm what's in scope" window! The thing is that one of them does not make its way when I press Done!!! :-(

(The above is a simplification. I actually have several hundred Epics and "I'm losing some dozens".)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Juan Carlos---

1 answer

0 votes
arcotek August 27, 2020

Hi,

Did you ever solve this one? If so, I'd be grateful if you could share the solution.

TIA

Juan Carlos Gil Montoro August 28, 2020

Hi! To be honest, I lost track of this issue. Maybe I found a workaround, the problem did not manifest or who knows what, but the problem has not been bothering me lately.

Juan Carlos---

Suggest an answer