Portfolio sets a resolution date in Jira after creating an Issue

Nuria Llobera Vila January 22, 2018

Hi,

We are using Portolio since a couple of weeks. We created 3 Stories from Portfolio and the Issues created in Jira have as Resolution status "Unresolved" but we found out that it sets a Date resolution (see image attached). In the three Issues the created date coincides with the resolved date.resolution.png

Why this happens? How can we solve it?

We use Jira (server version 3.7.6).

Thank you.

Nuria

2 answers

0 votes
Ian Juliff March 8, 2018

Nic do you have any idea's what might be causing this as I am having exactly the same issue.

It only happens when tickets are created through Portfolio, I'm struggling to clear the resolution through the workflow as a work around

Nuria Llobera Vila March 15, 2018

Hi Ian,

I have been talking with support about this issue ( @Vicknesh Shanmugam). We found out that this is a known Bug: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JPOSERVER-2016

We solved the problem by changing the Workflow: add a post-function to the Create transition and clear the resolution.

The steps to follow are:

1. Access the workflow used by the affected issue.
  2. Switch to Diagram view.
  3. Select Create transition and click on the Post-function.
  4. Add a post-function.
  5. Select Update Issue Field option and choose to clear the Resolution.
  6. Publish the changes and try to create an issue from Portfolio.

Thanks a lot @Vicknesh Shanmugam

Vicknesh Shanmugam
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 15, 2018

No problem, Nuria. 

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 22, 2018

Could you log in as an Admin (Jira or System admin) and go to admin interface, Admin -> Issues -> Resolutions.

Do you have "Unresolved" on the list there?

Nuria Llobera Vila January 23, 2018

Hi Nic,

No, I do not have Unresolved on the Resolutions list

Suggest an answer