Portfolio permission violation

Ben Green November 8, 2017

I've just created a new Jira Software site for my company, although I'm not a complete noob as have used Jira before at a previous company, and have installed the Portfolio add-on, which I am new to.

I have given jira-administrators and jira-software-users access to view and create Portfolio plans. However, when I attempt to view https://example.atlassian.net/secure/PortfolioPlanCreate.jspa I see a "Permission Violation". I am in both jira-administrators and jira-software-users groups.

3 answers

0 votes
Pierre Paul Provost December 8, 2019

I also had a Portfolio violation permission and couldn’t see the create button until I went to JIRA and opened a project. It looks like the Portfolio installation completed itself only when going into a JIRA project.

0 votes
Ben Green November 10, 2017

I'm not sure what happened, but this has magically been fixed after posting the above screenshots.

0 votes
Benito Picarelli
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 8, 2017

Can you attach us a screen shot of the {{Administration > Add-ons > Portfolio Permissions}} page, along with one from the {{Administration > User Management > Users}} while having your username filtered?

Ben Green November 9, 2017

User management   Users.pngPermissions   Portfolio for Jira   Jira.png

Suggest an answer