Portfolio for Jira sprints aligned with scrum board sprints?

Klara H December 6, 2017

Hi,

I have set up a plan in Portfolio for Jira. The issue source is a filter. The team assigned to the stories in the portfolio is connected through a scrum board. 

In the portfolio view, a sprint planning is automatically set up. Though, this sprint planning differs from the one I can see on the scrum board.

When I instead set the issue source as the scrum board the sprints are the same as on the scrum board.

How come the sprint planning differs when I use a filter instead of the board, when it contains the same issues and team?

Thanks in advance.

1 answer

1 vote
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 26, 2017

Hi @Klara H,

Although filters and boards may contain the same issues, they don't have the same capabilities.

Sprints are a feature of scrum boards. A JQL filter does not have sprints related to it, unless you define that filter as the source of a scrum board.

When Portfolio displays the sprints of a board, it is because the feature is related to that board. Not with the JQL filter as such. 

Suggest an answer