Portfolio for JIRA: Hit Calculate to see Sprints in Order

Bryan September 28, 2017

Hi all,

We're running into issues with pulling in Sprints to Portfolio. We've set up our agile boards with sprints that are in the correct order, but when we view them on the Portfolio Plan, the sprints are not in order until we hit calculate. For instance, if on Team A's board we have Sprint 1, Sprint 2, and Sprint 3, on our Portfolio Plan the sprints will appear Sprint 2, Sprint 3, Sprint 1 or Sprint 3, Sprint 1, Sprint 2 until we hit the calculate button.

Anybody run into this?

Plan ahead,

Bryan

1 answer

0 votes
Allard van Helbergen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 2, 2017

Hi @Bryan,

Portfolio creates future sprints with simple numbering as well. They'll be hard to distinguish if they have the same naming scheme, so it may seem as if sprints are out of order. 

As a test, if you name your sprints anything other than the straight forward "Sprint X" it will highlight which sprints come from the board and which come from Portfolio. 

Cheers,
Allard

Bryan October 20, 2017

Thanks Allard,

Sorry for the delay on this follow-up! Couple of things:

1. Seems like there's no need for us to create our own future sprints on our team Agile boards, shouldn't have done that from the start!
  2. I don't think I understand/I think my post here is misleading. We create sprints with unique names on our Agile Boards, we pull in those agile boards to Portfolio, but when we look at the schedule view and group by team, then by sprints, the sprints are out of order. In order to get sprints in the correct order, we need to hit the calculate button. This is on version 2.2 of Portfolio.

Thank you for your help!

Bryan

eden_owen October 2, 2019

Bryan - You just helped me tremendously - I too have to hit calculate in order for my actual sprint names to appear. Very strange! I'm not sure how or why this is happening but it worked! 

Suggest an answer