Portfolio filter not working as expected

Peter Callies
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 24, 2017

I have a large number of items in my portfolio. I need to filter it to be able to edit (e.g. set dependencies) child items.

The very first item in my scope view has a scheduled start of 2/21/17 and a scheduled end of 3/7/17. That means all children items must complete during that timeframe, right?

When I select the More->Scheduled Range filter, and select a range of 2/1/17 to 3/31/17, I only see two of the 10+ child items.

Portfolio 2.2.2

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Peter Callies
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 14, 2017

I was able to resolve this.  I had set an invalid dependency on one of the child items (it was dependent on the completion of it's parent).  That prevented the Portfolio scheduler from being able to schedule that task and all subsequent tasks that were dependent on it.  So although the the epic had a scheduled end date, it wasn't based on completion of all the child tasks.

I'm not sure why portfolio allowed me to set the invalid dependency or at least warn me about it, but in the end the mistake was mine.

Suggest an answer