Portal Only JIRA Service Desk customer can't login with existing credentials

Drew Nedderman May 18, 2017

I have a portal only customer who can't log in to JIRA Service Desk customer facing products, (knowledge base, customer portal) with his verified login and password. I've changed his password and that did not work

2 answers

0 votes
Juha Metsäkallas November 7, 2018

We have this too.

We use the service here at atlassian.com – and I have no idea what Crowd SSO is. In one organisation there is a customer, who cannot log in. I have regenerated his password a couple of times, but when I have tried (in a private mode browser window with a couple of browsers) to log in using his credentials, I get the error saying, that the email address and/or password are incorrect. Yes, I've tripple-checked those.

The customer is part of a service desk project and organisation for that project. There are other customers in that project and organisation without login issues.

0 votes
Maarten Cautreels
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 18, 2017

Hi Drew,

Perhaps Crowd SSO is enabled for JIRA? This is not supported and could prevent users from logging into the portal: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/SDKB/Cannot+login+to+Service+Desk+as+local+user+when+Crowd+SSO+is+Enabled

Hope this helps,

Maarten

Drew Nedderman May 18, 2017

Hi Maarten, thank you for the reply. We are running JSD Cloud, with no Crowd SSO enabled. I should have mentioned that in my original post.

Drew

Maarten Cautreels
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 18, 2017

Can other Customer Portal Only users login?

Please also check the Customer Permissions section in the Project's Administration. Make sure it is set to 'Customers who have an account on this JIRA site' simply to make sure it's not a permissions issue.

Best,

Maarten

Suggest an answer