Porfolio not picking up epics created after creating plan

Akash Saxena September 26, 2017

Am evaluating Portfolio - so am trying a few things. What I'm noticing is that epics that are created after the plan is created are not visible to Portfolio. Perhaps its a best practice to have everything sorted before the plan is created - but in real life you might end up fragmenting something you thought was golden early on. 

I've looked at all the settings and ensured that no fields are hidden etc - at this point I cannot point to user error on my part. What is the magic to get Portfolio to see newly created Epics without re-creating the plan, essentially altering scope.

1 answer

0 votes
Allard van Helbergen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 2, 2017

Hi @Akash Saxena,

Portfolio for Jira makes live plans that include new data from Jira automatically. So new epics should show up by default. 

If your epics aren't showing up, it means they're not matching the issue sources (the source you select on plan creation) in some way. 

Double check if that is the case and if not, please provide some screenshots of what you are experiencing. 

Cheer,
Allard

Akash Saxena October 3, 2017

Thanks Allard, for the response. My plans are vanilla - my issue sources are projects (not filters) - my assumption is that any epic created in that project should show up - the epics show up only when I create a new plan. 

If I add epics after creating to a plan - the visibility is impaired - I can't figure out why. I have triple checked every setting (custom fields / fix version / issue sources / epic disposition / issue hierarachy etc) - and I'm only filing this issue post that :( 

Really not doing anything special regarding my config. 

Gaven Ray September 26, 2018

I am seeing the same issue on one of my plans as well. JIRA Software version 7.8.0 with Portfolio version 2.15.0.

Suggest an answer