Populating Target End Date when Sprint Date is populated

Kelsey Assel November 11, 2020

Hello, all-

I need to create a local automation rule which will automatically populate the Target Start and Target End Date fields whenever a Sprint is selected for a user story that is in Working status. The Target Start and Target End date fields need to align with the Sprint Start and Sprint End dates.

So far I've been able to create an automation rule that will automatically populate the Start Date and End Date fields for user stories in Working Status whenever a Sprint is selected. (See the first screenshot).

Iteration1Rule.png

I don't see an option to automatically populate the Target Start and Target End date using this same method- just the Start and End dates, which leads me to believe I'll need to used some advanced steps. After some quick googling, I found some possible text to include in the "additional fields" box (See the second screenshot below) but when I tested it, it returned "some errors".
Iteration2Rule.png

After having tried my best on my own, and then googling a possible solution, I'm out of ideas. Do you guys have any suggestions?

1 answer

0 votes
nmenere
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 23, 2020

Hi Kelsey.

If "Target Start" and "Target End" are custom fields on your issue, they should appear. Are they custom fields (e.g. can you manually edit these through the issue page)? We support all date custom fields.

The Advanced/Additional fields functionality requires a very specific syntax (the same as used by the REST API) 

Cheers,
Nick Menere
Automation Group Product Manager

Suggest an answer