Populate date started date with transition time

mahmoud atout March 18, 2015

Hello

I am trying to do the following

In the log work functionality there is "Date Started" field 

this field is always populated with the current time when it is appear on the screen, 

My requirements is to populate it with the time of certain transition 

for example ( the time of "Start Work" transition) and the log work appear on "Stop Work" or "resolve issue" 

how can I do this 

3 answers

0 votes
Steven Drury November 26, 2015

I know this is old, but did you end up finding a solution for this? Manually changing that date/time using that particular tool is so annoying.

0 votes
mahmoud atout March 21, 2015

why would I mess the time tracking

I Just need to populate the time tracking with certain time, with the ability for the user to edit it... it is just something to ease the time tracking for the management and the users 

for the solution... the screen will have 2 fields of the same data 

1 - date started for the built it time tracking

2- custom field for date and time which it for time tracking

later on I am going to populate the time spent also... 

so the screen will have 2 time spent

the one by the system and the other is the custom field

I will look for a solution and get back to u 

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 18, 2015

You'd mess up the time-tracking if you altered the way that field works, and you'd need to be hacking the core code in JIRA.

You've got a couple of options:

You could create a new field (date/time) and use a post-function to populate it as you move through the workflow.  There's no built-in function for that, but there are plenty of addons which provide "write current date/time to a field".

The other option is to build a derived field which pulls the date of the last execution of that transition out of the history and displaying it

Suggest an answer