Populate Jira custom field with values from a rest API

Veera rdy April 19, 2018

Hello,
We are trying to populate a JIRA custom field with values from an API.

We've tried nFeed but didn't go this way as nFeed doesn't support our authentication methods.

Authentication method: Connect to a rest service over https using client certificates for authentication

Is there any other way or any other plugin to populate the custom field with values from an API.

Please advice.

Thanks.

3 answers

1 vote
Tomas Arguinzones Yahoo September 10, 2019

Hi @Veera rdy , were you able to get this working? I am trying to accomplish a similar functionality. I was experimenting with nFeed (Elements Connect) but I got the same blocker as you since they only support authorization grant type of Authorization Code and we use Client Credentials as authorization grant type for OAuth2.

Please let me know.

Thank you

kdickason October 12, 2021

@Tomas Arguinzones Yahoo I am facing a similar issue as you did.  Can you let me know what you ended up using? @Veera rdy 

0 votes
Tuncay Senturk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2018

Hi,

There is a free app Easy Integrations which calls REST in post function and it can also update a field with a json path in REST response. However, it only supports Basic authentication and I'm not sure whether it fits your needs.

Thomas Deiler
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 27, 2018

Hey @Tuncay Senturk, your are promoting your own apps. Is this compliant with the community rules? ;)

Tuncay Senturk
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 27, 2018

Hi Thomas,

I am just trying to help. The app is free, though. I just had some comments on some questions promoting Behaviours, because that's the solution that I knew.

Thanks for warning though.

Yatish Madhav
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 17, 2020

Hi Tuncay, thanks for the post of this. It seem like a great tool. We are testing a solution like this - is this or an alternative of this available for Jira Cloud? Thanks

Tuncay Senturk
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 17, 2020

Hi @Yatish Madhav 

Unfortunately, Easy Integrations does not have Jira Cloud compatibility. And I'm afraid I do not know of a solution for Jira cloud.

Tuncay

0 votes
Thomas Deiler
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 22, 2018

Dear @Veera rdy,

I would really like to help you - but I don't get your problem. Which data you you like to pull from Jira? Can you give me an example?

So long

Thomas

Veera rdy April 26, 2018

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for getting back.

We would like to pull data from an external source into a JIRA custom field(Select-List).

Thanks.

Thomas Deiler
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 27, 2018

Dear @Veera rdy,

everything you will require is JIRA's REST API. You can populate any value (depending on the customer field type) to a Jira Issue. Best you have a look at the Documentation. Alternatively you can use Atlassian client libs to connect to Jira.

So long

Thomas

Suggest an answer