Populate Dynamic Dropdown in Tempo Worklog

Troy Johnson May 20, 2015

I want to create a Worklog attribute using a Dynamic Dropdown. I need to have the user select from a list of options that would be displayed in the Dynamic Dropdown. This list will vary from one JIRA project to another. The idea was to take the issue key of the issue where the work was being logged, pass that to a function. That function would then be able to parse the issue key, determine which project the issue is from and be able to switch on the project to identify the list of options that should be displayed in the Dynamic Dropdown and return that list. From reading the documentation, it seems that in order to do what I need to do, we have to create an external Service - JSONP web service and use a callback function to populate the list. This seems like a lot of work to fill a simple dropdown list. Is there another way to accomplish this? If so, can someone provide example code on how to do this not using the webserivce? If I have to create a web service, is there an example someplace of how to create such a web service on a Linux machine and how to create the callback function? I have read the Tempo documentation and honestly it is pretty sparse. Can anyone supply example code where they have done something similar?

1 answer

0 votes
Susanne Götz [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 30, 2015

Hi Troy,

we would need some more information about this. Can you create an Issue in our Tempo Support ( https://tempoplugin.jira.com/wiki/display/JTS/Getting+Help+and+Support ) so we can better follow up on this. 

You might be able to solve this with a script, but this depends on the data that you need to return in the dropdown and the number of Projects. So any added information is appreciated.

Regards,

Susanne 

Suggest an answer