Poor application behavior when editing a comment of an existing Jira task.

GoAskChaz February 22, 2021

Has anyone else experienced this behavior when editing a comment on a task in Jira?

I select an existing task from a board in Jira and edit a comment. I select the bullet icon from the comment toolbar and then everything hangs. 

There is no response to mouse clicks and keyboard input. After a short bit of time the "Page Unresponsive" dialog appears.  I click 'Wait' nothing happens but if click on the 'Exit page' button.  I get the "oh snap" something happened error message and I am booted out of the browser window.

Sounds like a bug to me or a user error thing (ie newbie).  I want to see if anyone has encountered this and may have a possible solution.

Thanks.

Jira Error 1.pngJira Error.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 23, 2021

Hello @GoAskChaz,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Testing on my local site, I wasn’t able to replicate the same issue, so I would like to know more details about your environment. 

Was there any change before this issue starting happening? For example, a new add-on. 

Have you tested using another browser or incognito mode?

Can you open the developer tools on your browser and check on the console if it shows any other error when you edit the Task? If so, please, share a screenshot of the error with us.

Kind regards,
Angélica

GoAskChaz February 24, 2021

Thanks for the replay, after reviewing a number of other posts on this site (https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/Why-Confluence-Freezes-on-Chrome-while-editing-a-minute/qaq-p/1080650).  It seems this is a common issue with Confluence and has more to do with Chrome.  It seems to be working now after I updated the old version Version 80.0.3987.106 (Official Build) (64-bit) with Version 88.0.4324.190 (Official Build) (64-bit). I also did some un-checking of my extensions which may have helped too.  I am now able to edit my spaces.

Chaz

Like Angélica Luz likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events