Plugins issue when staging uses an embedded DB and Prod uses a real DB

Dwane van der Sluis March 3, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Establishing Staging Server Environments for JIRA

As I can not get a real DB in the staging environment I am using a 'Embebed Local DB'.

I am using a zip from prod (for the files in the install, and home directories), with a DB created from a fresh install.

I then Import a (xml) backup of prod to copy the data across.

When I import the xml backup into staging I get lots of ClassNotFound errors even though the plugins have been copied across.

What is the best way to ensure all plugins are exactly the same version as the Prod system and all are licensed and loaded correctly? And/or what is the recomened approach to refreshing staging when it uses an embeded DB.

Thanks

Dwane

Example ClassNotFound messages:

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Class 'com.atlassian.jira.util.CreateSubtask' not found.

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Class 'com.atlassian.jira.util.PriorityListener' not found.

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Class 'org.hakanai.jira.plugins.order.listener.IssueOrderIssueListener' not found.

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Class 'org.hakanai.jira.plugins.order.service.IssueOrderQueueService' not found.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dwane van der Sluis March 11, 2016

This was sorted by editing the entities.xml file contained in the backup to remove the offending entries.

These seem to be left over from plugins that were installed, then uninstalled in production.

The exact result of deleteing these lines could not be determined, but at the IDs in the lines seemed not to be used else where it seemed safe enough for staging.

Suggest an answer