Plugins Menu not available?

Jonathan Moore October 28, 2013

Maybe this is a super noob question, but I'm wholly new to Jira and a bit confused.

Looking to use the Structure plugin to organize team project task management, butwhen I follow the instructions, there is no "Plugin" menu only "Add-ons"..

Is this because Structure is intended for local deployments of Jira vs OnDemand?

Or an obstacle of the free 30 day trial?

Or am I barking up the wrong tree entirely? Please be gentle with me!

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 28, 2013

Structure is not available in onDemand and you can't install it. See https://confluence.atlassian.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=315326753

Btw, the term plugins is now changed to add-ons and some instructions might be outdated!

0 votes
Bhushan Nagaraj
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 28, 2013

Hey Jonathan,

There are 2 version of JIRA as you might already know.

1. Standalone where you download and install on your own server

2. OnDemand

The OnDemand version is restricted in terms of the add ons you can install while the standalone allows you to add any add on you like. Take a look at

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Restricted+Functions+in+Atlassian+OnDemand

You can download an evaluation version of the standalone for a 30 day trial and evaluate the add-ons that suit your requirement. The decide if OnDemand or standalone is right for your team.

0 votes
Jonathan Moore October 28, 2013

Many thanks for the prompt response.. If it's not available onDemand, does that mean it must be locally installed? If so, how is it shared to other users?

I think I have significant reading to do. I am in a bit over my head. Whilst I'm by no means a techno-luddite, I'm not much of a programmer/developer. I was just looking for something really flexible for team task/project management with unlimited flexibility/customization, and endless nesting. Structure looked perfect.

Suggest an answer