Plugin install spins

Jason Friedman
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 27, 2015

install.png

When attempting to upload a plugin "From my computer" the install spins for a long time.  Sometimes I give up after ten minutes.  Seems to affect both Confluence and JIRA.

If I attempt to upload a plugin from a URL I get this message:

Could not install the file http://host/data/software/jira/jira-misc-workflow-extensions-4.0.2.jar. Check that the file is valid.

(The file is valid according to jar -tvf filename.)

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jason Friedman
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 29, 2015

Pretty sure it is a client problem.  I had success using a different PC at the office.

1 vote
Chander Inguva
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 28, 2015

Hey Jason,

I see that the error attached is showing JIRA Misc workflow extensions where as screenshot shows Script runner plugin. Can you confirm where you are having trouble ?

In your dev environment,

• Uninstall Misc workflow extensions if installed already the above said.
  • Stop JIRA Service, Delete .bundled-plugins, .osgi-plugins under <Data Directory>\Application Data\plugins
  • Clear logs.  Check if directory permissions are correct.Start the JIRA service.
  • Check log file for any plugin errors. If JIRA starts up without any error in logs
    -- Upload the plugin and observe the logs.
  • Also try to install plugin by connecting to Atlassian market place
  • If JIRA starts up with any error in logs, fix them and then Upload the plugin and observe logs for more info.

Let me know how it goes.

Regards

Chander Inguva

0 votes
Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 27, 2015
  1. Are you sure that loaded version of plugin is compatible with JIRA/Confluence version.Try to install a plugin form UPM
  2. Try to analise atlassian-jira.log. Perhaps you could find any erroe massages to help.

Suggest an answer